Sunday, April 21, 2013

Monday Morning Design Wall 4/22/2013

Good Morning!!  Wow, I had a great week.  I successfully finished both quilts for Dixon Mayfair and they were turned in on time!  Yippee!  Now, since I discovered so much free time (in my dreams) I started the top for a friend of mine's daughter, who is graduating high school in June.  I love the pattern, Boho Girl from the May/June 2013 issue of McCall's Quilting magazine.  Some of the fabric is what she picked out while on a trip to Hawaii last year and I brought in a few batiks that worked with those purples.  She wanted green and purple and I think it worked well.  I love the little strips of white and there will be a small white border but I would love to personalize the border with her name so it will be a bit of a challenge.  I think two sides will be colored and two sides will be white, mitered with her name in the colors on the white. Ohh, I think that will work!!  Don't forget to check out Judy's blog to see the rest of the design walls!!

6 comments:

  1. It is a very nice pattern. I too, like the bit of white in it. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pattern--so modern! I bought some novelty fabric on Quilt Rush and was looking for something like this to use it on. I'll have to dig our that issue. (BTW, I emailed you the reason I beat you to DWM today. . . )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pattern, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete