Monday, September 20, 2010

Making Changes


I made a huge quilt, using this design but when I was finished the quilt was out of proportion. The quilt was far longer then it was wider and I just could not move past this issue!! After my daughter requested that I work on this quilt over the summer I finally got around to removing a bit of the quilt and used my sections removed to make a wall hanging, so far just one, but I will be making another one for my daughter, as this is one of her favorite quilts!! My motto: Never let anything go to waste!

7 comments:

  1. I love the colors in the wall hanging. Nice way to rework something that didn't quite click.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, great save! This bargello looks terrific as a wall hanging. A triptych would be nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is awesome! Love your border print! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how great to change it up to be what you like better! Too many of my pieces are in a pile in my corner......maybe I should dig them out.
    glen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wq! Keep doing what you are doing......works wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what I like about you, Jennifer; you always take the time to make it the way you want it. I'm more the type who figures, oh, someone will like it! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete